Sydney Opera House Insiders
Become an Insider Member
By becoming a Sydney Opera House Insider you’ll be among the first to access tickets to many of our shows and festivals, including Vivid LIVE* and our Contemporary Music and Kids' programs.
You’ll also be the first to find out about priority pre-sales and more with our weekly Insiders newsletter.
Insiders get access to a range of unique benefits, including:
- No booking fees – so you save on every ticket.
- Save on food and drinks with 10% off at Opera Bar, House Canteen, Portside and our Theatre Bars^.
- Play host and bring a friend on one of our standard, junior or backstage tours. Your friend will pay but you won’t (must be booked over the phone).
- Insiders get the VIP treatment with a dedicated Insiders phone number to make bookings or enquiries.
- 10% off at our gift shops.
- Present your Insiders card and receive concession prices for the Dendy Film of the Month at Dendy Newtown
You can also buy a membership for a friend or family member.
Read our frequently asked questions to find out more.
*Some performances excluded
^ Discounts not valid for private functions or events
- Current membership benefits are as advised here and in email marketing and may be changed from time to time by SOHT in its absolute discretion.
- Gift memberships should be activated within 6 months from the date of purchase, which is the “expiry” date displayed on the gift membership voucher.
- Any unused balance will not be refunded or credited on expiry.
- Memberships and membership vouchers are not able to be returned/refunded or redeemed for cash.
- Additional values cannot be added to an existing membership voucher; however, additional vouchers may be purchased.
- If your order exceeds the amount of your gift membership voucher, you must pay for the balance with cash, cheque, debit or credit card.
- Sydney Opera House reserves the right to close customer accounts and request alternative forms of payment if a gift membership voucher is fraudulently obtained and is used to make purchases.
- Sydney Opera House may provide gift membership voucher purchasers with information about the redemption status of the gift membership.
- Advance or priority access is only available to select performances as advised in the weekly Insiders newsletter. Membership does not guarantee that you will obtain tickets, whether through a member pre-sale or a general public on-sale.
- Sydney Opera House does not accept any liability for lost or stolen gift membership vouchers.
- The Insider membership program is not designed to be used by group bookers. For group bookings please contact our groups department.
- Unless stated otherwise, a limit of 10 tickets per Insider per performance is in place. Tickets bought in excess of ticket limits may be cancelled without notice.
- Membership may be cancelled or suspended without notice in response to activity such as unauthorised resale or unauthorised credit card usage.